1. Dungog Station (end of Brown St)
The original Dungog Station of 1911 was thought ‘a totally inadequate and unsightly edifice’, while the present post-war station is considered a ‘good and rare example of Functionalist architecture’.
2. James Theatre Community Centre (6 Brown St)
Known as the James Theatre after tinsmith turned picture showman James Stuart, this picture palace is the oldest still operating purpose-built cinema in Australia. Purchased by Dungog Shire Council in the 1980s, it is now a multi-function venue and cinema. Since 2007, it has also been the home of the Dungog Film Festival.
3. Dungog Visitors Centre (165 Dowling St)
Originally the site of the first Catholic Presbytery, funded in part by St Patrick’s Day races, it was built next door to St Mary’s Church, and remained here until 1956.